Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Muskrat or otter?

On our daily walk along the shore road by home, we came across this muskrat or maybe it was an otter. We stopped to look and noticed it was looking at us too. At the same time, close by was a frantically cawing black crow that seemed to have an issue with this little guy. As cute as the otter might seem, when it started to head towards us, I felt a little uncomfortable. Just then, the loud black crow got himself between us and the otter and scared it back in a hole in the ice. I'm not sure what happened here, but I was glad the crow did what he did 






4 comments:

  1. Love the little animal. I'm leaning towards an otter, no way are muskrats that cute!!

    PS check out my blog .. as the weather warms up, I'll have more photos from this lovely island being taken& posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, That's what I was thinking too, an otter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked around and it seems like it's a mink, not a muskrat and not an otter.(Julie you were right!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a mink to me. There used to be otters around the Bras D'Or lakes 20 years ago, but I haven't seen one since.

    ReplyDelete