Friday, March 6, 2009

Photo of the Week


The Photo of the Week on Cape Breton Living for March 6, 2009 is a wintry shot of a deer just off Chapel Cove Road in L'Ardoise. This wonderful photo was taken by Jamie Boulet of L'Ardoise. Many mornings I walked this road, have been for the last few years and only once have I seen a deer along the shore on this part of Chapel Cove Road. Another time, I did see a doe and her young from my front room window, walking down the path heading towards the shore. Deer tracks are visible in the sand on the beach and along the paths, so I know there are deer making their way along the shore and heading inland into the forest. I just never get the timing right as to getting a glimse of the beautiful animals when they happen to be passing through. Thank you Jamie for capturing this photo, it's a good thing you had your camera handy with you at the time!

1 comment:

  1. The deer certainly are on the move. Last trip to mainland a week ago we spotted two in one spot and one in another right along the highway between the hospital and Port Hawkesbury. It feels like a sign of spring for some reason.

    ReplyDelete